Thursday, October 31, 2013

Number One

 

 

 

So yesterday, October 30th I did my first photoshoot for this project! I asked one of my friends Shae Proulx to model for me since she has modeling experience! The photoshoot did take a bit of planning. We got together and figured out the direction that I wanted the photoshoot to go in.  I wanted to go for kind of a New York style. We picked out outfits and tried different combinations until we found the perfect two outfits. I was able to do her hair and makeup as well. From my experience with photo shoots, there has also been some sort of conflict, and our conflict was the weather. It was absolutely freezing out and insanely windy- not exactly perfect weather conditions for what Shae was planning on wearing. I was able to find out what angle she looked good at, what position, and I was able to give her tips throughout the shoot based on my knowledge or what I thought looked good.
 
We first explored the exchange distract and found this perfect back lane that had a kind of old New York vibe to it, at least I thought so. We decided that that would be our first location. Here are a few pictures:


 
 
 
 
The second location I shot at was very last minute and out of the blue, but I am very happy with how the pictures turned out. We decided to walk around the Forks. There was so many places that would be great for shooting at, but I quickly decided on the Bridge. Here are a few pictures from there:


 
 
I think its safe to say that my first photo shoot was a wonderful experience. I was able to learn and explore what my camera can do and how to work with model's too. I know both Shae and I had fun and I can't wait to do more photo shoots! 



2 comments:

  1. Those look so good!!! :) your rlly good at photography! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Denise!
    They look really good. I especially like last random ones. Its funny how when you don't plan something they can turn out good too. Keep it up!!
    I'm excited to see your next photo shoot :D
    have fun
    ~Taylor

    ReplyDelete